cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Centre

joe917
Joining in

When calling Why don't agents who have already taken details and completed security pass this on to the agent they are handing off to? I was in touch with the call centre today and had to go through the whole palava with each person I spoke to.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Known in the trade as a "cold transfer", and is often used when call volumes are high, to release agents quicker.

Many companies with good CS ratings, will - as a policy - use "warm transfers" where the call is internally announced & introduced, before being transferred.

I have no idea what VM's policy is, and I doubt they would publicise it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I understand, but it's best bad customer service.

I understand, but it's bad customer service.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @joe917, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding the transfer.

If security has been passed by the previous agent (or first one), then as long as the transfer goes through successfully without a connection drop then we should be able to see this has already been passed and move on quicker.

However, if there is any doubt or the system doesn't display this, this may be why the team are asking - it is always better to ask from a data protection side than to not ask at all, which appears to be the case here.

I hope this helps but if you need any further help, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W