cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewal offer

amz182
Joining in

Hello,

In My Virgin Media profile I could see some renewal offers, I accepted one of them. I got an email with an order reference number and a pre-contract sheet. It seems all was done, with an activation date of the new package for 30 April. Nothing happened, and there is no mention of this package in my profile, and the next bill is going to be the very high price of month 19.

So, I got in touch with customer service, gave them the reference number, sent the pre-contract, but they are telling me the online offers are different, they sometimes take time to be applied (even 2 weeks) and they also imply it is not certain it is going to go through.

They made another offer, which is worse than the one I accepted. What shall I do? wait? I am now one day after the end of my contract and if that offer is not honoured I am going to leave. But before doing so, I want to be sure I cannot have that offer. How is it possible that you click on an offer on your profile and this offer kinds of get lost? and that the offer can simply be forgotten and not honoured? what's the point of the online profile then? Thanks for any help you can offer. A.

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Welcome to VM and its archaic billing systems and processes. This forum is full of similar stories. The VM forum team might be able to help. Stick to your guns in the mean time. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amz182,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your renewal. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Sparky2891
Joining in

Hi All,

I have had the same issue, I got an upgrade email and went for it as I could get the 500mb for an extra £3 a month for 18 months. 

My speed is doubled as I am a volt customer so this would put me on the 1 gig package. I received the pre-contract agreement minutes after processing this on the 27th April. 

But nothing has happened, I had no option to upgrade again as I was receiving the message we are dealing with your order, we will let you know when its been done. 

However now I can choose upgrade again but the price is now a full £10 extra! Have I missed out on the offer I originally chose? Is it still in the works? Nothing on my account has changed currently?

The activation date was initially put down as the 30th of April, almost a week ago now. No new equipment or emails received from virgin at all. 

Regards

Mark

Hi Sparky2891,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issues you've had with your package. 

I am happy to take a look into this. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin