cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manned installation charge £30

david1234432120
Joining in

i noticed i was charged a manned installation charge £30. 

when i signed up there was no mention of this.

what can i do about it?

20 REPLIES 20

david1234432120
Joining in

i got a manned installation charge £30. 

when i signed up there was no mention of this charge.

Hi david1234432120,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry that you were not informed of our installation charge.

We have an offer with free activation, but not free installation. This will be charged at £30. When and how did you place the order?

For more information about our cost, please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides

Kind regards Jodi. 

it was online and there defo was no mention of a £30 charge for a 'manned installation'.

all i needed was the router. i had virgin installed alteady 2.5 years ago.

i feel very let down. this was a hidden charge and should have been highlighted to the customer.

there was no mention of that when i ordered online.

i had virgin installed 2.5 years ago.all i needed was a router.

hidden charges like that at the start of a contract almost make me want to cancel it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you actually had the "manned install" - then very little I suspect... as its clearly stated on their sign up website - in fact you got a discount

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 14.27.17.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

the set up fee is different from the manned installation.

set up was £35 and i got that free.

notice there is no mention of a manned installation at £30

no mention of quickstart when i signed up.

Installing Our Equipment – Quickstart (self-installation) and Technician Installation

We have a self-installation option called Quickstart.  This is usually available where the home has recently had an active Virgin Media fibre broadband service and is available on most, but not all, Virgin Media packages. 

We do not charge a fee for Quickstart installation and where you require our equipment to connect to our services you can choose how these will be sent to you.  If you choose the convenience of the Click and Collect service from your nearest CollectPlus store, we do not charge a delivery fee.  If you choose to have the equipment delivered to your home, or an alternative address, we will normally charge a home delivery fee.

If Quickstart is not available, we will provide a technician to carry out the installation, and there will be no charge for this. 

no mention of quickstart when i signed up.

i already had an installation 2.5 years ago. all i needed was the router.

Installing Our Equipment – Quickstart (self-installation) and Technician Installation

We have a self-installation option called Quickstart.  This is usually available where the home has recently had an active Virgin Media fibre broadband service and is available on most, but not all, Virgin Media packages. 

We do not charge a fee for Quickstart installation and where you require our equipment to connect to our services you can choose how these will be sent to you.  If you choose the convenience of the Click and Collect service from your nearest CollectPlus store, we do not charge a delivery fee.  If you choose to have the equipment delivered to your home, or an alternative address, we will normally charge a home delivery fee.

If Quickstart is not available, we will provide a technician to carry out the installation, and there will be no charge for this. 

Hello @david1234432120,

Thanks for the update, most package changes do have an 'activation fee' regardless of whether you are installed or not, it is the services being activated that are being charged. For example for a speed upgrade you would need this activating, also TV services.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide