cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homeworks added without me asking for it

willtup2
Tuning in

The same thing has just happened to me, I have just received my monthly bill from Virgin and can see that I have had Homeworks added to my account without my request to do so. What is happening here ? I wasnt even in the country when this service was added !! Can someone at VM please tell us what is happening ? Why are you changing our contracts by adding services in that havent been requested ?

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

5 REPLIES 5

TableTop
Up to speed

Odd really as back in March of this year, in this very thread, Kath, a VM employee, specifically claimed they ‘don’t see many incidences like this, but they would take it on board and pass it on’!

And here we are, what seven months later and it still sees to be happening.

Anyone might well be forgiven for concluding that it is deliberate and intentional action by VM to defraud customers!

Of course, I’m sure that isn’t the case and there is a perfectly innocent and reasonable reason for this. In which case, I have no doubt that a member of the forum team will respond on here shortly to confirm this! 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @willtup2 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for this issue. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John - thanks for the message but not sure what you mean when you say you will send me a personal message PM ? As all I have received from you is a standard email - see below .... which tells me to have a look at the thread ?? So really not sure how you are helping me ??

Hey willtup2,You were tagged by: John_GS (Forum Team)

It was in: Re: homeworks added without me asking for it

Go on, have a look

All the best,

Virgin Media Community support

Thanks John_GS - but I was very annoyed that a moderator has moved my comment out of the original thread when it quite clearly belonged in that thread as it was exactly the same topic - so rather than continue on this set up I decided to ring VM myself to sort this out as i wanted to know how my contract could be changed without prior notification or agreement by me - the first person I spoke to decided to try to convince me that homeworks had replaced gadget rescue and that "everyone" is being switched over!! Until i challenged him by telling him that I had researched into the 2 schemes and that as far as i was aware homeworks had NOT replaced gadget rescue and i advised him that VM are still providing both services - he acquiesced and passed me on to another dept I then spent almost 2 hours speaking to people in customer relations and gadget rescue who did not know why this had happened on my account - they were baffled by it 😔  customer services eventually cancelled homeworks and assured me that my package would now be back to exactly as it was before and that all they needed to do was pass me onto gadget rescue to set gadget rescue back up - this was eventually done but it all took a really long time no-one seemed very bothered by what had happened on my account!! I had to ask two people If they would provide me with a gesture of goodwill to be credited to cover the loss of my 2 hours of time spent sorting this sad situation out, that i had not instigated in any way at all. The first person (from customer relations) saying it was gadget rescue who needed to sort the gesture of goodwill and the second person (from gadget rescue) saying then that it was the first person who should sort out the gesture of goodwill sending me back to customer relations and cutting me off in the process !! So I had to ring back and start all over again - then when I thought all was sorted and the nightmare was over i have since received an email advising me of my corrected package and guess what the amount is wrong - it is more than it should be even though i spent a huge amount of time explaining my bill to customer relations it still ended up wrong, so tomorrow i get to phone customer relations all over again - I am really not happy at all !!

Hi @willtup2 

I can see that my colleague John has reached out to you privately.  I will leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R