cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin is killing me with overbilling and failed promises.

Jaims
Tuning in

Hello,

I have had to call your hotline about 4 times since the start of the year and I have not been able to find a solution to the issue of overbilling on my account. You have billed me 10GBP over my regular bill and all your agents do is promise me the rebate will reflect in my next bill but it never did. 

I think I should take my issue to the ombudsman or call and request to speak to a supervisor who can make this decision. It's ridiculous that people make failed promises and take advantage of customers like me. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the basis for this alleged overcharging - can you give some basic details? There's a good chance the forum team can assist if you can explain the issue.

Ombudsman Services will only accept complaints once you have exhausted VM's complaints process first - have you got an open complaint that's unresolved after 8 weeks or deadlocked before?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jaims,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's a disputed charge appearing on your recent bills. Would you mind clarifying what the disputed charge is in relation to on said bills? When did you last discuss this with the team and what have they advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for your responses.

I had about a week of installation delay costing us to take leave from work waiting for VM technicians who never showed up on 2 occasions and this prompted your team to offer a 10GBP discount on my next bill. You should have this on your record because your agents could see these logs on your systems any time I called. For some reason, the waiver never reflected on my bill, rather it overcharged me asking for 10GBP over my monthly bill. I was also charged 7.50 GBP for late payment in December 2022 when I clearly placed Virginmedia on a Direct Debit from day 1 and until I called to clarify why this was happening, then your agent admitted that the Direct Debit ought to have kicked in but due to some system error, it didn't.

While I've called about 4 times on the issue of the rebate, they've always promised me that the 10GBP waiver would reflect on the next bill. I hope someone can help to look at my account from inception and help with my concerns because I am tired of calling your hotline. 

Thanks for the reply @Jaims on the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you have had regarding the service.
I will investigate this for you and get this resolved for you ASAP.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs