cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM call operator made a lot of mistakes = hell

potlouk
Joining in

Hello,

I have a problem with VM that I've been trying to solve for half year. I must have wasted over 12 hour of my life on phone or in web chats - no success.

Here is my problem:

> I tried to set up internet in my new place last year. First time I used phone and talked to some guy from VM. I was supposed to get the router in 2 weeks time but nothing arrived. After 1.5 month of waiting I tried again - this time online and it worked. Engineer came, installed router - all fine.

>After several month I noticed that I was paying 2 direct debits (DD). There were two DD payments outgoing on the same day of the month (same amount). But the DD reference was different suggesting two different VM accounts (I recognized only one). I cancelled the unknown DD and since then I have been trying to get my money back (£150) and cancel that other VM account linked to my bank account.

>It was after some BPcollection(?) company started to bother me with numerous texts and calls that shed some light on what happened - it turned out that the VM call operator made several mistakes when he was setting up my account the first time: he messed my address, misspelled my name and very likely my email address. That's why I never received  the router and also any bill (by post or electronically) regarding the "wrong parallel" account.

>Both VirginMedia call centre and VM Complain centre are hopeless - they cannot cancel the wrong parallel account because I cannot pass the security check. And they always suggest to send me password by post or email  even I explicitly say that these are incorrect as I have never ever received any email or post regarding this wrong parallel account. But they wouldn't change the address or any other details unless I pass the security check. So it's a vicious circle.

Can somebody give me some advise please?

Many thanks

best 

Jan

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @potlouk 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you may be having issues with a Parallel account. We can understand the confusion caused and want to best help. To best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to have been able to resolve this for you @potlouk 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs