cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised contract

GRW1964
Tuning in

My contract is ending soon so called up to see what was available. Spoke to someone for an hour, transferred over to another dept, cut off. Called back, spoke to someone else who quoted completely different prices, transferred to someone who was very helpful, said better deals would be there the closer to the end of my contract so he'd call me back in 3 days - no callback.

So I call in today, spoke to someone who was very helpful and we settled on a more costly package but was better value, he sent through the contract to review with me, going through it I picked up that it was for 18 months (standard), but it jumped by £35 after month 7 !! I was advised to 'just call in and we'll adjust it' at the time. I asked for an email confirming that could be done and after 'speaking to his manager' he'd made a mistake and the Sky Sports was a 'free for 6 months' deal. So it was never the price he quoted.

Time was dragging on so I said I'd leave it and get back to them tomorrow but I was told my previous contract had been cancelled. What ? I hadn't got to the point of authorising the new one but it had been loaded and cancelled my existing contract that still had a month to go. So I'm stuck with a contract I didn't authorise based on complete misinformation (don't think the person understood what he was selling) and my existing contract is cancelled.

You've got 14 days to cancel' I was told but where do I go from there ??

I'm absolutely gobsmacked the contract could be cancelled and a new one raised without my permission especially as I was clear it wasn't suitable due to the increase after 7 months.

Any guidance to where is best to raise the complaint ?

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The first thing to do is phone and cancel the new contract within 14 days. They will offer you another deal and you can decide if that's good enough.

You can make a complaint at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint, BUT it won't get you any result before the 14 days is up.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GRW1964 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been re-contracted without your authorisation.  And for any concerns it may have caused. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox n the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks, I'll certainly be doing that if this isn't sorted. Not sure if the guy knew what he was doing but admitted his mistake. It shouldn't turn out that contracts are cancelled, bills go up etc on the basis of a simple error.

We've responded further via private message @GRW1964 

We're here if you need us.

Regards

Lee_R

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But don't let discussions by DM drag you over the 14 days. After that you will lose the opportunity to get it put right. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

GRW1964
Tuning in

So here we are 14 days later and right on the last day of cooling off period.

Initially I was led to believe this was getting looked into, taken offline into private messaging. The agent messaging me said he was going to look at the detail. After a week I heard nothing and chased to find he'd been 'assigned t a different project'. Another agent took it on and offered me a resolution which was to honour what I'd been offered initially - sorted I thought until the contract came through and had the same price hike after 6 months. 

I chased and got nothing, chased today and the agent confirmed the resolution wasn't possible and it was a 'misunderstanding' !! The same 'misunderstanding' as the first time. 

There's no misunderstanding here, just mis-selling and I'm taking it further. There's too many 'misunderstandings' on here.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Exactly as predicted. This is reported so often that we have to assume it's VM policy. 

- jpeg1

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GRW1964,

With this we are still looking into this with you via Private message and are reviewing everything stated, if you continue to keep in touch with myself there, we will fully review this to see what was originally offered for you.

Joe

Joe, my follow up post was to highlight the fact that I was told exactly the same 2 weeks ago and ended up in the same place I started. I know you’re still looking at it but all that means is it wasn’t looked at when I raised it initially wasting a fortnight. Hopefully the outcome of your 2nd review will be based on the complaint and quicker.