cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact Virgin re contract status

abrahad
On our wavelength

My contract ended recently and I was bombarded with confusing options via email.  I wanted, and hopefully got, a continuation on a 30 day rolling basis with no changes to services.  I have since received an email with a copy of my contract saying I am now on an 18 month minimum term.  Shortly after I received another contract copy implying I am on a 30 day contract.  This is also what the online contract shows.

All I want to do is confirm my contract status.  I have found it impossible to do this via the telephone or online "help" systems.  I just go round and round in circles with no means of speaking to anyone.

Anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @abrahad 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abrahad wrote:

My contract ended recently and I was bombarded with confusing options via email.  I wanted, and hopefully got, a continuation on a 30 day rolling basis with no changes to services.

Telecoms contracts in the UK, VM no exception, are not fixed-term contracts that end on a certain date. They are rolling contracts with 30days notice anytime, and a minimum contractual term. In VM's case, the minimum term often coincides with time-limited discounts - every monthly bill shows the amount of your reductions and their expiry date.

Thus to continue on the same undiscounted price, would mean doing nothing at the end of your minimum term - make no request for any changes, and nothing changes. If you want to negotiate new time-limited discounts, those usually come with a new minimum term.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @abrahad 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to help with this :).

Please do pop back to the community if you ever need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill