cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Resolution: Over 3 Days of Downtime and No Callback as Promised

wrightyrx7
Tuning in

Hello Virgin Media Community,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding guidance or perhaps drawing attention to an ongoing issue I've been experiencing with my service and the subsequent support process. Since November 20, 2023, I've encountered a staggering 371 disconnections, leading to more than 3 days of cumulative downtime. This level of service disruption has significantly impacted my ability to work from home, necessitating a reliable internet connection.

On March 12, 2024, after extensive communication with Virgin Media, I was informed that my complaint was being assessed by Ofcom and that a resolution regarding an Early Disconnection Fee (EDF) waiver would be provided within 30 days. The deadline for this resolution was today, April 11, 2024. Unfortunately, not only was the issue not resolved as promised, but my attempt to follow up led to a frustrating loop through various departments, culminating in a promise of a callback within an hour from a manager—a callback that never came.

This situation has left me feeling overlooked and undervalued as a customer, despite my attempts to address the matter through the appropriate channels. I am now turning to this community for advice on how to proceed. Has anyone else experienced similar service reliability issues and found a resolution? Or, does anyone have suggestions on how to escalate this matter effectively within Virgin Media to ensure it receives the attention and resolution it urgently requires?

Any guidance, advice, or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read about my situation and for any support you can offer.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wrightyrx7 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having an ongoing complaint with a resolution. This is certainly not the level of service we look to provide. I can see you have very recently contacted our team regarding this. Can you confirm if the issue has been resolved by our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

patier
Tuning in

report them to ofcom yoursf dont listen o te virgin lies you wont get a call back nobody ever does lol also cancel all direct debits or they will drain you.

No it was not resolved they just sent me around in circles. I spoke with disconnections/retentions, passed to faults, back to retentions, then faults, then back to retentions and finally back to faults. 

Its looking like this is the only option I have left. 

@wrightyrx7 We truly apologise for this experience on behalf of our team. We want to do our best to resolve this for you. We have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs