cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning VM Equipment

daveo77
Dialled in

I have cancelled my VM contract on 25th March 2024, so after 30 days notice it ends on 24th April 2024.

I have received the returns box/package for the TV360 box and SHub3. I have disconnected both boxes and packaged them up into the returns box (including remote, phone adapter, power adapters, coax cable, and ethernet cable).

Do I return these now or do I wait until my end date ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for reaching out to us @daveo77, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

You're welcome to return the equipment at a time that is convenient for you, but we would warn against holding this beyond the disconnection date as you could then be open to returns requests via text message and potential non-return charges being issued.

If you're not using the equipment currently, I'd suggest there's no value in holding onto our kit and welcome you to return it ASAP

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @daveo77 

The returns packaging isn't usually sent until the services have been disconnected and the account closed.

If I where I would unpack the equipment and re connect it. You will still be charged for the services until midnight on your disconnection date (24th April) whether you use them or not, so you may as well get your moneys worth. Return the equipment once VM disconnect the services. They might go off separately and it could be any time up until midnight on the 24th.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

daveo77
Dialled in

I can't reconnect the equipment. I've been using full fibre broadband since October 2023 and have no need for VM TV, BB or phone (using FreeSat TV & my mobile).

The VM equipment is safely packaged up in the returns box and I will hold on to this until the day after disconnection, where I will then take it to my nearest Yodel drop off point.

Thanks for reaching out to us @daveo77, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

You're welcome to return the equipment at a time that is convenient for you, but we would warn against holding this beyond the disconnection date as you could then be open to returns requests via text message and potential non-return charges being issued.

If you're not using the equipment currently, I'd suggest there's no value in holding onto our kit and welcome you to return it ASAP

Thanks,

David_Bn

daveo77
Dialled in

OK. I'll drop the returns package off at my local Yodel drop-off point tomorrow morning. I'll scan the barcode with the Yodel app, so that I can track the package as well.

Thank you @daveo77 please do let us know how things are looking once the package has been returned and if needed we will be happy to check on this on our side too! 

daveo77
Dialled in

I will be taking the package to my local Yodel drop-off point on Monday/Tuesday, delay is due to being ill for last few days and the weather.

daveo77
Dialled in

Hi @Ashleigh_C

I have now sent back the VM equipment and have a tracking number (if needed).

The return package was picked up by the Yodel courier from the drop off point at 12:30pm today.

Great to hear @daveo77 

It can take upto 14 days for the equipment to be returned/scanned in and assigned etc.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

daveo77
Dialled in

I can see from the tracking that the package has been received by VM at 20:34 today, so hopefully should be scanned & assigned, etc with the next 14 days.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 221921.png