cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing contract problem

martypants53
Joining in

Ok so after rebuffing the first two offers and settling for a £50 from £68 renewal online I checked my email to discover that they have sent the virgin media order documents and it has not changed the price to £50 but remains at £60. Anymore else had this problem ? Thinking of cancelling. Cheers marty

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This will be another intentional mistake to trick you into paying more than you wanted.  All you can do is cancel within the 14 day no penalty window. They may come back with a better offer, or they may not.

Beware of offers to look into it that may drag you over the 14 days.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@jpeg1 wrote:

This will be another intentional mistake to trick you into paying more than you wanted.  All you can do is cancel within the 14 day no penalty window. They may come back with a better offer, or they may not.

Beware of offers to look into it that may drag you over the 14 days.

I think you mean yet another inexplicable issue ‘which is not the level of service we aim to provide’. Odd as that this is exactly the level of service which they actually have supplied for years and years. The excuse is wearing a bit thin now, no, maybe it’s time for VM’s marketing department to mandate a different compulsory phraseology to be used by the forum team members, when responding to such posts?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey martypants53, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please remember sometimes this may take 30 days to change over as some package changes do.

On your documents / paperwork you got what price does it state?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s ok now as I had to phone you guys and settled on an 18 month contract for 53 pounds.

Glad to hear you've been in touch with us since @martypants53 and the team have been able to offer you a renewal deal. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley