cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Email from webteam@virginmedia.com

Robbell82
Tuning in

Hi all

On December 1st I received an email saying "Happy with your current package? Renew Today!" Same package, same speed and less hassle! I clicked the link "Renew your contract where I was taken to a page that showed me that I would be getting exactly the same as I get now (top package with Virgin Media 360, Netflix, Tv Essentials, Documentaries, Drama, Lifestyle , Sport Lite, Sky Cinema UHD, Kids Pick, TNT Sports, Sky Sports HD, Sky Sports and Cinema HD. Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Phone Line Rental and Anytime Chatter.) I happily renewed the contract for another 18 months and I got an email with the contract agreement (removed ) and also an order confirmation email with estimation activation date of Monday 4th December (reference removed It has been radio silence since.

I received another email today "There's still time to renew your exclusive offer" - Clicking onto it it once again stated, Happy with your current package? Renew Today!" Same package, same speed and less hassle! I clicked the link "Renew your contract where I was taken to a page that showed me that I would be getting exactly the same as I get now (top package with Virgin Media 360, Netflix, Tv Essentials, Documentaries, Drama, Lifestyle , Sport Lite, Sky Cinema UHD, Kids Pick, TNT Sports, Sky Sports HD, Sky Sports and Cinema HD. Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Phone Line Rental and Anytime Chatter.) I happily renewed the contract for another 18 months and have received another email with reference removed but this time, despite it stating the same package, has gone through as - Virgin TV 360, Sky Cinema UHD, Kids Pick, Sky Sports HD. Sky Sports and Cinema HD and MEGA TV. 

NO TNT or NO NETFLIX detailed - This isn't what I was sold and isn't the same package. Order confirmation number removed and activation date Monday 18th December.

When calling Virgin or getting through on Whatsapp chat, no one has a clue what's going on and I'm getting to the end of my tether.

My current contract isn't up until March 1st and despite the email clearly stating, the same package and less hassle. I've ended up with neither!!

I have all the emails saved so can add pictures as proof if needed. 

Please can someone help me so I can get this sorted?!

Rob Bell

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

13 REPLIES 13

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Robbell82,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your package, I would like to go about helping resolve this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you via a private message.

Joe

Please can someone help me with this. I got a DM and responded but I’ve had nothing since 

Hi Robbell

I have received the exact same emails…they say same package for a little extra but when I progressed it the little extra turned out to be 40% more!!!!! 
I didn’t renew and from what you have experienced I am very glad I didn’t.

More you get it sorted.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Robbell82,

Glad we could go about looking into that via a private message for you, if there is anything further we can help with, please do let us know.

Joe

Thank you.

Joe did his best over DM and was very helpful but it seems Virgin teams aren’t communicating with each other so no one has a clue what is going on.

Less hassle my backside! 

I am so sorry that this issue has been ongoing @Robbell82 I can see that Joe has been chatting with you and will continue to look into this with you.

Please do refer back to them in the PM and they will continue to do all they can to help.

lonerangerridin
Joining in

almost exactly the same drama's for me. what is going on with your customer service teams. this should be so simple.

Have you managed to have any success? 

Simonwa
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same issue. Received the email today about renewing contract, same package and to avoid hassle, for just a small price increase. 

When I clicked to review, I was sent a contract which was NOT the same package. Extra TV box and Netflix missing. Also package changed to Mega TV which means that I do not get TNT Sports. And price increase for £15 per month. So more money but downgraded package. 

I have been on a WhatsApp chat and the advisor does not have a clue at all. Says they have not sent the email and it is a promotional offer but can’t explain it at all. Advisor keeps saying that my contract has not been changed. But not answering my questions. 

What is going on at Virgin Media?