cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Disappointed. Expected better from Virgin Media

ameenbandukda
Joining in
I have written several emails to Virgin Media for redressal of my Complaint but all falling on deaf ears. Thus, it's of no surprise that Virgin media is the UK's most complained about broadband provider, according to media reports.

I write this after getting extremely frustrated and disappointed with the Virgin Media O2 (VM) help team (Online Chat and Phone Calls).  I have been a Customer of VM Broadband at my Birmingham Apartment for several years. 

In December of 2023 I moved overseas and the flat has been empty since. That is nobody has been using the services of VM Broadband which can be verified through your system. While overseas I learnt that my bank account was debited for £51 for VM which was a sudden jump from £20. Realising something had gone wrong I tried to connect with the online chat of VM and was directed to a series of questions by the Chat Bot. From the options I selected 'Cancel my account/ service. Subsequently, I was asked to wait to be connected to a live chat which after waiting for a considerable time got disconnected. 

To my shock I was again charged £51 for the month of January 2024. I have had several chats on VM online and tried to explain that I had asked my service to be cancelled and I should not have been charged £51 for the subsequent months and the amount should be refunded. I categorically asked to cancel my account as I was not in the UK. I was told the account cannot be cancelled until I pay the outstanding amount. I objected to this and was told that somebody senior from VM will contact me to resolve my issue. Nobody contacted me.

Again to my dismay I got billed £51 for March 2024. Till that time I had several online chats which may be part of your record. Feeling completely disheartened, I made an international call on 4th March 2024 to VM Customer Service on +44345 4541111 at a considerable cost, which lasted for 40 minutes. I spoke to some lady who said she was based in Mauritius. She sounded very helpful and sympathetic and assured me that she will escalate my complaint and request for a refund for Jan-Feb-March 2024 and assured me that my account will be cancelled after I pay some outstanding amount of  £43.21 which I paid on 4th March. She promised that some senior official will get in touch with me by email or on my international number I provided. Nobody has got back to me.

Now I have received another invoice seen online where some amounts have been billed and are outstanding with a note that I have limited service. On 29th April 2024 I once again tried to raise the matter on Chat online help and was asked to contact 'Collection'. I reiterated that I WANT MY ACCOUNT CLOSED/ DISCONTINUED. A request I have been making since January 2024. Alas, I was given the same old story that the account can only be cancelled once I pay the outstanding amount. I cannot explain how much I have been disappointed with Virgin Media.

Once again I made an international call to VM Customer Service on +44345 4541111 on 29th April 2024. This time I spoke to Hannah who said she was based in the Philippines. I explained the entire ordeal to her of the last four months. She took my international number and said a Manager level person from VM will call me to resolve my issue and disconnect my account. I am still waiting for the call.
1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ameenbandukda, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this,

I can see you've been in contact with the team since this post, did they manage to help at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?