cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online renewal - hasn't activated?!

Natasha80
Joining in

I received emails and had the option to renew my contract online which I did and received confirmation of this new contract via email on 21/4/24 - with an estimated activation date of 28/4/24. This date has came and went and nothing has happened until I received my new bill which surprise surprise is billing me for my out of contact price!

I called up last week and the phone team could not help me however i was fobbed off and told that it could take up to 14 days to activate. 14 days has now passed and low and behold the new contract is still not showing on my account. 

I can see that this has been an issue for previous customers on this forum. Phoning the virgin media number is useless - so looking for someone who can actually look into this for me? I have the emails etc as proof of contract so this shouldn't be difficult.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Natasha80 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your new deal and thank you so much again for posting. I would like to take a closer look into this with you via a private message so we can see what has happened with this deal. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

mattdinio
Joining in

Funnily enough I also have this issue with a new deal via retentions as of 24/04/2024. My current bill generated on the same day is against my old out of contract contract at almost 3 times the price. The rentions person attempted to credit my account to compensate against this but it doesn't seem to have happened. I haven't had a new bill generated since showing this credit or the new contract price which is currently showing as active I might add.

Hi mattdinio,

Sorry to hear you seem to have experienced the same issue. We can see that you're currently speaking with Lee regarding this issue. He'll be able to assist you further from there 😊

Beth