cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No end of contract date for my Virgin Media Broadband

pondhopper
Tuning in

Any Mods reading this can you please move this to the relevant board as there's no actual board listed that covers my issue, thanks. 

I've been on VirginMedia for over 10 years, at least, and I've downgraded my contract in July 2023 and as I'm paying monthly (not direct debit) I've ignored the notices about payments as I knew I was in credit until mid December. I always overpaid and rounded my bill up when making a payment online. so I didn't look at the online bill. However I've looked online today, as I knew that I need to make a payment and wanted to check exactly how much to pay, and when looking at my bill online, I notice that there is no End of Contract date anywhere on my bill at all, as I'm shopping around for a deal.

I'm currently on a Broadband Only deal (no end date on my contract anywhere at all)

All it shows on the online contract is this, and it's the same as the email (pdf file of contract) sent to me
Date of change (XX July)
Contract start date (nothing/blank/nada/nowt/zilch... as in nothing there at all)
Account Number (XXXXXXXXXXX)
Area Reference (xx)

So apart from spending ages online, in a queue, to talk to someone about it, how do I get to find out when my contract actually ends. All my bill tells me is that a monthly payment is needed, so am I on a monthly contract. six months, or a year, as there's a price rise due in April 2024, and I'm shopping around to find another deal.
I don't want any TV deals, as I've got a FreeSat box. I recently bought a new smart TV which has got loads of apps on it as well, so there's no real need for any TV bundles from VirginMedia at all

The main ones I use are listed below and I get to see what I want to see
Netflix, AmazonPrime, Paramount+,  Now, DisneyPlus, AppleTV,  HistoryHit, Rakuten,  BBC iPlayer,  BBCSounds,  4,   ITVX,  My5,  Spotify and quite a few more.

So you can see why I don't want any TV bundles

Info from PDF contract info
Your monthly service charge £50.00*†
* Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. See virginmedia.com/prices for details
† Amount does not include any Call / Pay-Per-View usage costs, nor any outstanding balance, payment handling or paper bill fees.

To any VirginMedia bods reading this 
 I DO NOT  want any upgrades at all.
Thank you.

*Answers on a postcard please...*

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pondhopper 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and your post on our Forums page. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me in a private message @pondhopper. Should you need us going forward, please do reach back out to us.

Sabrina

Thanks for your help in the matter, it's very much appreciated.