cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract different to what was agreed pre-contract

mcornbill
Tuning in
I entered into a new agreement on 21st March after talking with one of your advisors on web chat.  The initial monthly cost was agreed for Volt Gig1 Broadband, I received the email with the subject of "Virgin Media Order Documents" with the attached Virgin Media Contract Information Sheet and Virgin Media Contract Summary Sheet.  Both which stated the correct initial monthly cost.  This is what I agreed to.

Two hours later I received a second email with the subject of "Thanks for making those changes!", with an attached eContract, and in it you state a new monthly bundle cost which is over 13% higher than what the pre-contract documents stated.  This is not what I agreed to.

I rang up your customer service number after reading this second email and the person told me that I can simply ignore this email, rest assured that I will be charged the correct amount per month for definite, and that this second email was simply a mistake.  I was not reassured by the customer service representative to be honest, and I am not convinced at all that you are actually going to bill me correctly.

I would like somebody to respond and to provide me with a new eContract document, that states the correct price as per what I agreed with Virgin Media. 

Regards
Mark
2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mcornbill 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and most recent package. I would be more than happy to look into this with you via a private message so we can check the account. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ash has been helpful over private messaging but here we are, nearly one month later and NOTHING has been sorted out still.
My Virgin Media account online states no reference anywhere of what my new package / contract should be, all it shows is my existing one, at its current extorniate price. 

I will cancel my direct debit at this rate as I refuse to be charged incorrectly for another month. This is a shambles.