cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - considering cancelling, CSP already installed

WoodsideOak
Joining in

Virgin Media have just finished installing in our street and are obviously having a sales drive.  My current contract with Now finishes at the end of May.

The deal offered by the Virgin Media Salesman was attractive - Cheaper than my Now renewal, faster and doubling my O2 mobile allowance (through 'Volting').

Having read more reviews of Virgin Media Customer Services, I am now concerned that it was not a good move.

My service is not scheduled to be installed until 20th May, so I'm still in the cooling off period.

Although my service is not due to be installed until 20th May, a week ago, Virgin Media installed a new Customer Service Point (CSP) on the outside of my property.

Will I have to pay any charges for the installation of the CSP if I cancel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @WoodsideOak,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's great to hear that you're all set to join us in a few weeks. If you do have any apprehensions and change your mind, your cooling off period begins once the services are installed and activated and takes 14 days. During that time you're able to cancel if you wish without disconnection penalty.

As for the customer service point, it sounds like you're referring to an external omni box. You would only be charged any installation fees or activation fees on the date of installation, as that's when the service begins.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @WoodsideOak,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's great to hear that you're all set to join us in a few weeks. If you do have any apprehensions and change your mind, your cooling off period begins once the services are installed and activated and takes 14 days. During that time you're able to cancel if you wish without disconnection penalty.

As for the customer service point, it sounds like you're referring to an external omni box. You would only be charged any installation fees or activation fees on the date of installation, as that's when the service begins.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!