cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract agreed with advisor different to written contract

K8tie
Tuning in

Hi all

I've had a few problems with virgin. I renegotiated my contract by phone then received an email the next day with a much higher amount than was agreed.

I got back in touch, was given an apology and got offered a slightly higher amount(which I took because I was getting fed up) only for the written contract to be a significantly higher amount again.

On both occasions the advisor confirmed the amount agreed was for the contract so my question is, is virgin known for this? I've never had any problems before but this service has been shocking! If I hadn't read the contract I would've been tied in to an amount almost three times higher than agreed.

I have raised a complaint but yet to hear back. Actually thinking of leaving now.

Thanks for any advice!

15 REPLIES 15

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI @K8tie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry for the confusion on your new deal and that it is higher than agreed, in order to assist you with this, I will need a closer look, I will pop you over a PM asking for some details so I can locate you, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@K8tie wrote:

Hi all

I've had a few problems with virgin. I renegotiated my contract by phone then received an email the next day with a much higher amount than was agreed.

I got back in touch, was given an apology and got offered a slightly higher amount(which I took because I was getting fed up) only for the written contract to be a significantly higher amount again.

On both occasions the advisor confirmed the amount agreed was for the contract so my question is, is virgin known for this? I've never had any problems before but this service has been shocking! If I hadn't read the contract I would've been tied in to an amount almost three times higher than agreed.

I have raised a complaint but yet to hear back. Actually thinking of leaving now.

Thanks for any advice!

see what staff can do - the legal side is that the original offer should be the one they [staff] sort out - anything different is legally wrong

to your question i mark above - yes its common the sales agent will agree to most things to get the sale - what they put in the contract can vary as you have found - its how VM works so think if you really want to be part of that

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I hoped that was the case and I know that the calls are recorded so there is proof of the offers.

I might go elsewhere as you suggested as I'm so annoyed!

All the best!

Are you a virgin media staff member? I'm new to this site so not sure how it works. Bit wary of giving my name and account details !

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NEVER EVER give your account name and details on the board. A VM staff member will be identifiable by a red VM infinity sign before their name and may request details to pass security by a personal message. This is shown by a number other than "0" on the purple envelope at the top right hand side of the page.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor

Zoie (1st person to reply) asked me for my details on a private message but I haven't given them. 

All the best! 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@K8tie wrote:

Thanks Tudor

Zoie (1st person to reply) asked me for my details on a private message but I haven't given them. 

All the best! 

Zoie is staff and its perfectly safe to give her the details in reply to her PM - but only by PM - do not post anything on the open forum

Tony.
Sacked VIP

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's right to be wary of giving out info to people  you don't know.

Message two in this thread, which is the reply from Staff Forum Member @Zoie_P  has an underlined link in her signature (which is her name)

When clicking on that you are redirected to the Good Folk to know page  which lists all Forum Staff and Moderators.

Her name is included on that page.

All forum users can look at that page to check who are actual Forum Staff. 

Perhaps there should be a direct link to that page in the navigation links at the top of the forum, rather than users having to ask questions on the forum to check, although there is direct link  if users click on the "Getting Started & FAQ" link at the top of the page to learn how the forum works.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @K8tie,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for any confusion and as our VIPs @-tony-  @Tudor and @newapollo have advised I am forum staff so no need to worry, I will reply to your message and can give you any more info to give you peace of mind if this helps?
The gold folk to know link shared by myself and @newapollo, lets you look at the staff we have on the forums.

I will pop back into PM and we can get your contract issue looked at 🌞

Thanks,

Zoie