cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation not working. Our package was upgraded 12 May and Netflix is supposed to be included.

GaryMel
Tuning in

Our package was upgraded on 12th May and Netflix was to be included. We had downgraded sometime in April and removed Netflix, Sky Cinema and Sky sports. Then got a phone call and offer to upgrade and have Sky cinema, Sky sports and Netflix included, We kept getting emails to say we needed to reactivate/ activate Netflix but the link wouldn't work. We did discover though that netflix was working.  On the 20th May we got an email from netflix saying our account was being shut down as Virgin media had stopped access or something. (cant find that email now sadly) anyway our account still says "you still need to finish setting up your netflix account" but when we click the button it comes up with netflix page saying " there is a problem linking your package with virgin media. Contact their customer services". I have rung 3 times now and they say = they will put a form through to the right department./Its been escalated./ someone will ring you/ i will ring you in 2 days. All different responses and no one contacts us. I have now done a complaint also. I was even said to one person "we are paying for something in our package that we cant use". He had the rudness to say "its included for free in your package so you arent paying for it"!!!!!!! we keep trying links in emails - they dont work. Tried the activate button on our My virgin media that doesn't work just goes to netflix as i said above then we get a box saying to activate your netflix account go to netflix website but obviously that doesn't work. Does anyone have solution to remedy this. Oh tried via the tv also. That doesn't work. ps When we put our email in on netflix website now it says "sorry something went wrong please try later

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello GaryMel

We're disappointed to hear of both the Netflix issues and the support received trying to get this resolved, we understand the confusion and frustration and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

When you have spoken to the team has this been raised with the support team at all? Usually these are raised with our IT guys to be looked into further. Was this discussed at all?

Rob

So the first time on sunday 21st as you cannot actually get the option of customer services, i chose billing. It was the flipping overseas call centre and the girl said she would raise a query or something and pass it on to the tech team. I decided to ring again on Monday 22 this time i chose faults and tv. Spoke to someone here in the uk and he tried his best to help but only did all i have tried. He said he has had a lot of problems with netflix so he said he would contact the tech team again  and he would call me back at 10.15 on Wednesday 24th to see if it had been resolved. No one called so i rang at 11.00 ish and did faults again. Foreign again, he said he would escalate the issue with "the netflix team ". Was told Virgin have a "netflix team" to deal with this . It was after this that i decided to place a complaint. the status on the complaint when i click track just says "one of our team is looking into your issue" Date 24th.   I  had another email saying i need to activate Tuesday I think and i have just received another today at 5.55pm. Its exactly the same email saying i still need to activate netflix. I flipping know i do but the link doesnt work AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

Hi GaryMel,

That does sound like it has been quite a frustrating experience for you, I am really sorry.

I'll do my best to get this sorted for you - I've popped you over a private message so I can look into your account with you. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks!

Beth

GaryMel
Tuning in

So still no luck/help.

Replied to Beth's private message. She asked for full name, account number to confirm did that Friday and nothing since

Hi GaryMel,

Apologies for my delayed response, I have been off over the bank holiday weekend. I'm afraid that the Community Forums is not an instant response channel, however I've now replied to your PM.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth

There is no reply in my PM