cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to undo a mistake with my package.

AwkwardBroccoli
Dialled in

Hello, 

I negotiated a new eighteen month contract at £59 per month from 1 August 2023 to 3 February 2025.

Everything was fine until today, when my elderly father (who is a little senile), started messing on with something horse racing related at about 2:09pm and inadvertently subscribed to something, changing the package to £76 for six months and then £81 for twelve months, going up to £122 from 15 February 2025.

The e-mail confirmation says 'Racing TV - Discount Correction' was the change.

When I first called retentions initially, I was cut off after 90 minutes on hold. I called back and spent two hours on the phone with the agent and then two hours the following day when the e-mails didn't reflect the agreement from the previous day. The department is exceptionally busy.

Is it possible someone could please help me on here, as I can't spend two hours queuing on the phone and need to go in for a minor procedure tomorrow and then it's the weekend. 

Can we please revert back to what the retentions package was yesterday at £59 per month for eighteen months? I assume there's a 14 day cooling off period as it's quite a significant price change. 

Also, can we create a PIN to lock out purchases and subscriptions, or is it the same PIN as the parental controls?

My father has ongoing memory problems. They're not sure if it's dementia or his pain meds. He uses Fentanyl patches, Duloxetine and Gabapentin, so he gets a lot of brain fog and memory problems from the sedative effects.

I had to put a PIN on Prime Video as he was buying stuff left, right and centre.

Thank you. 

Thank you, Bastet of Bubastis
7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AwkwardBroccoli 

You need to go into Settings > Parental Controls  to change/set up anything PIN related. 

I would make a point in adding the TV 360 Upgrade app and the Virgin Media Store app to Lock Apps under parental controls.

There is a 14 day cooling off period for contract changes so you can revert back to your previous bundle (if still available) however you would need to speak to retentions as the forum team can't usually process regrades.

pin.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you kindly. That'll be getting set up first thing tomorrow. Had to do the same with Prime Video. Was getting receipts for things I hadn't ordered. Then after all that it was a programme he'd already seen...'Romans' I think.

I thought I'd try my luck here because last time retentions made a mistake with the previous deal, a kind forum rep (@Ilyas_Y I think) had the kids bundle discounted for us as it was supposed to be included in the price but was being charged monthly, via direct messaging. Save us Ilyas_Y! 

I can't face a two hour wait to get through to retentions, but if I have to...I just hope they can't hear me crying down the phone prior to connecting to an agent.

Hey @AwkwardBroccoli,

Sorry to hear this has happened with your package, we are not able to help with package changes without first having to go through to the retentions team, if you phone us on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and use the options, 1 > 4 > 4 the team will assist, do let us know how this goes.

Joe

That sucks. Was helped with a retentions mistake by @Ilyas_Y before, don't see how this is any different. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We don't deal with package negotiations from here I'm afraid, 

We'd have to advise getting in touch with the team on the contact number above.

Regards,

Kain

It's bizarre as I say, because Ilyas_Y had no problem at all fixing an issue with a mistake made by retentions when I posted last November and I still have the DMs where they've corrected the package mistake. 

All sorted now. Took seventy minutes to get through, though I'm concerned I haven't received a confirmation e-mail like I did yesterday when the change was first made.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused.

Again as stated we usually don't deal with retention details from here.

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved however many apologies for the delays.

Regards,

Kain