cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House woes

md2409
Joining in

Background: my previous 18-month contract with Virgin Media ran out last summer. Knowing I was moving house soon I didn't do anything to renew it as I didn't want to get locked into a new contract without knowing I could take services with me to a new house. This has meant the discount I previously had also ran out, and I was paying about £15/month more than I had been / wanted to for the last few months. 

Move date set for 1st February, used VM chat on January 16th to arrange the house move. As you'd expect there was loads to do, so asked for my existing package to be transferred to the new address and I'd sort out a new contract after I moved. I specifically asked, a number of times, for there to be no changes to my current package. I have the chat logs. 

I then got paperwork through - new 18 month contract, monthly bill higher than before. I spent about 4 hours on the chat that week, and each time I was told 'you don't have a new contract, that's an auto-generated email' and 'the amount you're going to be billed is just an indication, wait and see what gets taken out of your account' (again, I have the logs).  

I then spent nearly four hours on the phone, during which I probably ended up speaking to about 7 different people. Someone did at least admit that the agent I spoke to when I arranged the move had made a change to my TV package without my consent, which is why a new contract had started and my monthly bill had gone up. Eventually they told me that they weren't able to make any changes to the contract, that they had cancelled it, and that I should take a new contract out for the new address online, which I did.

Move happened on 1st February. 

- When I log into my account, it shows the contract from my old address.

- I received a home mover pack in the post, with cables and instructions on how to move my services.

- I have an order confirmation email for the new contract, and an email with pre-contract information. I have no new contract for the new package, nor have I had any equipment associated with the new order in the post. 

Broadband is currently working in the new property but I now have no idea whether I have zero, one or two contracts with VM, how much I'm paying or for what services. Because customer services take an account number before they can help, they can't seem to work out what I have either. I'm dreading the thought of another multi-hour phone call, getting passed around between people who can't do anything or don't understand the issue. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Md2409 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forum with big virtual arms 🤗.

I am sorry to see you are having issues with moving home and not being able to identify how many accounts you may have due to confusion ☹. 

I can have a closer look for you and further investigate 🧐.

In order for me to do so, I will have to private message you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide