cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing the will to live- POA- changing administration rights to my name

Sm0129
Just joined

Hi

Last year I notified Virgin of the death of my Father and transferred the account to my Mothers name. My Mother was then diagnosed with dementia so I requested that I be granted administration rights to her account. I was informed that I would have to send a POA code to the executive team (I did this in October) I subsequently emailed them in December to enquire if it had all gone ok- I never received any form of reply.

I now need to amend the banking details for my Mothers account- I have been on the phone for 3 hours, so far my long and arduous journey has consisted of-

Customer services- transferred to bereavement team, back to customer services (the Executive team apparently don't take calls) , transferred to legacy accounts as Mothers account has not been migrated to the new system, back to bereavement team and finally back to customer services one last time- at each "transfer" I am informed that we don't deal with this in this team. It would appear that nobody seems to be able to do anything

SO- is there anyone at Virgin Media who can set me up to administer my mothers account now that I have provided POA details??? (I am trying to change the direct debit details as I am closing the bank account that you are currently paid from- if I do not hear of any workable solutions within the next 48 hours I will just close the bank account and you will no longer get paid)

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sm0129 wrote:

I will just close the bank account and you will no longer get paid)

Whilst sympathising with your issues, and hoping for your sake that the forum team can intervene here.... be very careful with cancelling DD without an alternative being inplace.

Whatever the circumstances, VM's payments processing is very efficient - overdue/missed payment markers on credit files can very easily (and often do) result. This may not matter in your situation or it may be a risk you're prepared to accept. But do be aware.

Hopefully the staff team will be along in a day or so, and intervene to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks