cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental still showing up on my bill after removal.

krashd
Joining in

Hello, a couple of months ago my landline was switched over to running from my broadband router rather than the dedicated landline, however this redundant line is still showing up as an item on bills.  Although I'm guessing that the entry is only there as a filler to justify Virgins prices (otherwise where was my bill deduction when the line became obsolete?), this is likely to confuse others like myself who will think they are being charged for an empty socket on their wall.

phone.png

Is it not a good time to remove this item from bills?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's normal for the line rental to appear on the bill breakdown in this way. The change to hub-phone was just an alteration in how the services are delivered, it makes no difference to the landline still being part of your package.

There has never been any charge listed against individual elements of your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey krashd, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

With the 21CV you will still be paying for a phone line so this still falls under that, even know its used by the router there is still a charge for the line the router just acts as the power now.

There wouldn't be any change in price when changing over to the new voip line its just your on a different  line to the copper line. 

You can look at some package changes here  Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for giving some advice also japitts, if anyone does need any more questions answering please do let me know. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

I hope this information on this thread helps.

If you need anything else please let us know 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?