cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just realised I have been paying 2 monthly payments for over a year!!

Marshallb
Tuning in

Has anyone else had this issue as I'm being sent round in circles with virgin customer service as per usual.

I just realised I have 2 direct debits set up for virgin, one that comes out on the 22nd and matches the amount on my account the 2nd is for £30 and comes out on the 29th but virgin customer service have no record of it. The direct debit is active and has the reference Virgin Media on it. My guess is that it is a direct debit from a previous contract that they haven't cancelled.

I thought it might relate to the 02 switch on the my mobile but I have a separate direct debit for this and it covers the monthly SIM and handset

Please help ☹️

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you look at the reference number against each direct debit, can you match those to your current (and/or past) VM account(s)?

IIRC, the first part of the DD ref no. is your VM account no. (with, I think, 2 or 3 extra digits added to the end). It might help you match the direct debit to a VM account you might recognise.

You are unlikely to get a reply from the VM forum team here in the 'Community Natter' forum. A moderator or VIP might move your topic to 'Managing Your Account – Cable' where the VM forum team do reply.

Thank you for your help. You are right about one of the direct debits having my VM account number as the reference but I have always had the same account number, just upgraded or switched deals and the reference on the mystery direct debit is completely different with less numbers so I've no idea what it is 😔

goslow
Alessandro Volta

One of the VM forum team should reply here, usually within a few days, and should be able to investigate the other unexplained DD for you via PM.

Thanks again. I searched for the mystery direct debit reference in my emails and found a previous credit agreement when I was with virgin mobile. This was supposed to end when I upgraded and they switched me over to 02 last April but it looks like they never cancelled the direct debit. At least I know what it is now but now for the hard part of trying to get a refund 😅

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Marshallb,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With this we are glad that you have found where this payment is coming from, with this you can speak to our team on 0345 602 4420 to discuss this payment. However this credit agreement is for the handset you would have taken out not the mobile SIM.

Joe