cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just noticed I've been tricked into paying more by Virgin.

GuitarJoe
Dialled in

In January, retentions offered me 'the same deal' I was on - roughly £75 for Max TV etc + o2 sim - and I've only just noticed they've been taking £75 PLUS £25 for the sim!

I'm used to seeing the two bills go out separately, so didn't pay it any mind. (The bill used to be £50 for Virgin and £25 for the sim). 

This was arranged through the same Indian call centre that ripped my sister off recently. Her case was dealt with via a letter to the CEO. 

Can somebody look into this? Naturally I won't be using your call centre ever again. 

9 REPLIES 9

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey GuitarJoe, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

We don't offer the sim cards with the packages anymore they are spilt into two costs.

One for Virgin, one for O2, what does your contract say does it state this cost?

Your O2 contract would of come on its own. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Obtain the retentions call recording and take it from there https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

That is very helpful, thank you.

I know for a fact that I was repeatedly led to believe that my bill would not change. Otherwise, why on earth would I choose to leave because of the out of contract price increase?

The Indian call centre ripped off my sister in an even more egregious manner (just added a load of stuff in that she never even asked for) and a letter to the CEO resolved that issue.

It’s clear now that they do this on purpose to receive bonuses. Utterly reprehensible behaviour from Virgin. I’m hoping to get out of the contract altogether. 

Obviously. 

They tried the same with my wife, we had already agreed on a £5 sim as the sales guy was like a demon possessed. I only agreed to it to shut him up and get off the phone. However turns out they needed my wife’s ok as she is the main account holder, they phoned her back. Luckily I could hear the conversation and they done a classic bait and switch tactic on her as the sim had increased to £25. I blew my top with them and after 27 years we had had enough of the 18 month ritual haggle. Look on trustpilot and you will see many people experiencing this.

That night i bought a £400 5G router off amazon put in a smarty sim (£16 unlimited data no cap) and now have download speeds in excess of 500 mbs frequently close to 700. Virgin need to realise their business model is antiquated and as 5G rolls out and modems get cheaper people will leave in droves and for good reason.

Hi @GuitarJoe,

Did the team not advise you the costs would be split between VM and O2?

You would have also received your contracts indicating this.   

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was misled. It’s patently obvious that somebody cancelling over the proposed price increase would not agree to a revised offer that mirrors the price increase.

’check your contract’ is a disgraceful response. You should be ashamed. 

I’m waiting for the phone call transcript and will  publicise this as best I can. 

adnank503
On our wavelength

I had the same experience, was mis-sold a renewal. I complained and get the price adjusted to my satisfaction. Very underhanded of VM

I am sorry for any frustration with this GuitarJoe. Have you submitted a complaint with the team regarding this?

^Martin