cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bill Amount despite renewed contract

CP_55
Tuning in

Hi,

I logged into my account and just discovered the bill is showing £63 which is wrong.
But I've recently renewed my contract with Virgin for TV, Broadband and Landline and figures do NOT match up.

I joined Virgin on November 2022 and contract I signed, the discount was due to expire on 08/05/2024.
Therefore I renewed on 20/04/2024 which clearly is before my contract/discount expires. I was informed by the agent when I renewed the contract on 20/04/2024 that my new contract would begin once I connect TV360 to the Hub 3 router.

I have evidence that when my new contract starts the bill is £19.35 for May but it will be £33 per month the following month (June). I was informed of this on 20/04/2024 via LiveChat when I renewed by new contract by the customer services agent named "Sadiya".
Here is what was stated to me:
"You will receive TV360 box on 24/4 and once you install TV box your new contract will start.
This month you have paid 28.28 and next bills will be,

Bill Billing Due Amount Run Date Date
19.35GBP 29/04/24 14/05/24
33.00 GBP 30/05/24 14/06/24
Hope this helps?"

It looks like my new contract has not been activated.

However, the cables that came with the TV 360 are short because I have a large room. This is not my fault.
I requested for longer broadband cable last week 27/04/2024 and I was told by the agent "Priyanka" that a "10m cable and 15m cable would arrive in 3-5 working days free of charge". I am still waiting for longer broadband cables to arrive so i can connect the new TV360 Box that Virgin sent to me the Hub 3 Router.

So I have questions if Virgin rep can answer please:

1. Why is my new bill for May showing £63? Do i really need to connect the TV 360 Box for the new contract to start?
  2. Once I connect the TV 360 Box, will the bill amount change for May 2024 before monies is taken out of my bank account?
  3. What is the progress on arrival of the longer cables so i can connect the TV360
    to Hub 3 Router?
1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey CP_55, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

If a new bit of equipment was involved with your new contract you would need to plug this in to activate the new contract.

Did you get all the paperwork for the contact?

How was this contract renewal made?  

Please also remember we do bill a month in advance. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?