cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im seriously considering cancelling my m1000

bodgeup
On our wavelength

I have been a very long term customer, but even though u have 1gig download. im appauled that the upload speed is still only 104meg, also my hub 4 hasnt been right fort some time but I couldnt get it replaced?? Basically its in modem mode but it responds to 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1??  Additionally the speed is terrible now, I would like to get a hub 5 replacement but ive read that they require the new network updates??  Anyway, im looking at alternatives that are syncronous in speed some 8gbps down and up for half what i pay now..  Is  there anything that can be done to convince me to stay with virgin media???  I still want to know why ur plan are always asyncronous??  Seriously to effectively work from home i need syncronous.  But I guess u dont want to lose oit on the expensive leased line deals?? but thats just my assumption??

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

I'd suggest :

1) Order the 8GB/s service
2) Cancel VM. once the 8GB/s line is operational
3) Discover the price of 10Mb/s network equipment.
4) Realise a Kindle can't post at close to 8Gb/s on a speed test

bodgeup
On our wavelength

you refering to this service Broadband ISP YouFibre Launch 8Gbps UK Home Fibre Package UPDATE - ISPreview UK but again its a postcode lottery

Is nightmare though right, larger isps dont want to lose there leased line revenue so we have the postcode lottery lol

Client62
Legend

From an industry perspective, I do not agree.

Regardless of the price step, an uncontended lease line business customer is never going to be tempted by a domestic grade of connection with poor phone support, no service/repair SLAs and where the line performance is regularly impacted by local school kids repeatedly running speed tests over a highly contended line.

bodgeup
On our wavelength

ARE YOU SURE LEASED LINES ARE 1 TO 1 CONTENTION RATIO, AND THEY COST OVER £300 AND THATS ONLY FOR 100/100.  IVE SUGGESTED IT TO CLIENTS IN THE PAST BUT THERE TOO EXPENSIVE, EVEN WITH SCHOOL KIDS RUNNING SPEED TESTS THE CONTENTION RATION MITIGATES THAT PROBLEM.  All im getting at it larger isps wont lose there profits from leased lines unlike smaller FTTP isps

bodgeup
On our wavelength

I just need to win the post code lottery and get myself something like youfibre 8gbps each wayu