cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave VM with minimal hassle when out of contract or within 30 days of expiring

unisoft
Well-informed

When the offshore representative starts to spew out silly prices for renewal, just say "No, I can't agree to 18 month recontract with 2 price increases with unknown amounts upfront. Can you do monthly rolling instead?"

They will say "No" straight away at which point its stale-mate and you say "Please cancel my services". It kills the conversation as they know they cant agree to rolling.

You don't get any ring backs either (seem to get marked on the system as they know you don't want minimum 18 month contracts) and you will see an order in orders in My Virgin Media web portal (but currently, not the VM app). You will also get a text soon after the call ends saying the date services end.

Posting this as reading threads where people held on phone for long periods with multiple packages being suggested and then getting rings backs after the call.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally I wrote a letter, recorded delivery and it was all done without any hassle.  Job done !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Adduxi wrote:

Personally I wrote a letter, recorded delivery and it was all done without any hassle.  Job done !

Yep and I used to recommend that in my previous posts, but some people of late been complaining they have been ignored or responses back instead of cancelling from the date given.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting.  I'll keep that in mind when I next cancel.  Thanks !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks