cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fined and want a refund

paperwear505
Joining in

Hello,

I wasn’t sure what board to select for my issue.

I recently moved to a new home and set up a virgin media broadband account online. I then rang to arrange the technician for installation and to see what was happening. The person I spoke to from Virgin Media said that he needed to open another account and the account I did online wouldn’t take any money and not to worry about it. He also added £100 credit to this account as a welcoming gift. 

In the next month or so some people moved into the flat above us, in the same house. They wanted to open a virgin media broadband account and apparently couldn’t because I had two accounts. I was rung by Virgin Media to close an account and I explained what had happened and I said can you close the online account please. 

I then received maybe 2 weeks to a month later a bill for this account and £400.00 fee for closing it. I was really taken back as at no point  on the phone was I told this would happen and I didn’t create the two accounts in the first place, Virgin Media did. 

I called to explain and I had to explain again and again on the phone. At the end they agreed it was their fault but they would only put the £400 as credit on my account. I want a full refund for this amount. How can I receive this please? I can’t afford £400 bill plus my rent and other bills and living costs. 

Thank you for reading and helping me. 

Best wishes

1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paperwear505,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with setting up your account and that an additional account was set up in error!

I'll be more than happy to look into this further and see how I can help resolve this issue.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs