Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email upgrade invite!

Sparky2891
Joining in

Hi all,

Very confused in honesty. 

I got an upgrade email and went for it as I could get the 500mb for an extra £3 a month for 18 months. 

My speed is doubled as I am a volt customer so this would put me on the 1 gig package. I received the pre-contract agreement minutes after processing this on the 27th April. 

But nothing has happened, I had no option to upgrade again as I was receiving the message we are dealing with your order, we will let you know when its been done. 

However now I can choose upgrade again but the price is now a full £10 extra! Have I missed out on the offer I originally chose? Is it still in the works? Nothing on my account has changed currently?

Seems barbaric that I have a pre-contract document, but nothing has been done. I would have thought I would have had at least some form of communication. 

Especially as the estimated activation date has now passed!

The activation date was initially put down as the 30th of April, almost a week ago now. No new equipment or emails received from virgin at all. 

I certainly hope I haven't been cheated out of the offer, I would have thought upgrading online would have been simple nowadays. 

Regards

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

Steven91
Joining in

Hi mark 

Im in the same boat tried a few times and the upgrade has been cancelled tried speaking to them on the phone and they won't look into it as it's a online order but will try to sell you a package on the phone that's dearer gave them on the phone the order number on the contract and they can't/won't match it, thought I would comment you this save you a few calls and time wasted 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You as well.  This seems to be a standard tactic to get you signed up to an expensive new contract.

Do you actually need the upgrade anyway? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

unisoft
Well-informed

@Sparky2891 wrote:

Hi all,

Very confused in honesty. 

I got an upgrade email and went for it as I could get the 500mb for an extra £3 a month for 18 months. 

My speed is doubled as I am a volt customer so this would put me on the 1 gig package. I received the pre-contract agreement minutes after processing this on the 27th April. 

But nothing has happened, I had no option to upgrade again as I was receiving the message we are dealing with your order, we will let you know when its been done. 

However now I can choose upgrade again but the price is now a full £10 extra! Have I missed out on the offer I originally chose? Is it still in the works? Nothing on my account has changed currently?

Seems barbaric that I have a pre-contract document, but nothing has been done. I would have thought I would have had at least some form of communication. 

Especially as the estimated activation date has now passed!

The activation date was initially put down as the 30th of April, almost a week ago now. No new equipment or emails received from virgin at all. 

I certainly hope I haven't been cheated out of the offer, I would have thought upgrading online would have been simple nowadays. 

Regards

Mark

Are you sure you would get the offer to VOLT to 1gbps? As you have had VOLT applied, and this is not a contract renewal, it would simply bump to 500mbps (normally) via a service change receipt that is kept under "My contract" in My Virgin Media. If it was a contract renewal with retentions staff, then yes, if they quoted for a package renewal without VOLT included in the price for the speed offered, then you would VOLT up to 1gbps. I don't have your specific offer, so you may have a variant if they still allow another VOLT up....

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What are you missing now that you would get with the faster speed?  Is that worth the extra money and being locked in to a new fixed term contract? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

PimmsOClock
Tuning in

From the original post.

"I certainly hope I haven't been cheated out of the offer"

Why yes; yes you have been cheated, such is the way that VM works!

amz182
Joining in

same with me, I had some renewal offers in my profile, I accepted one of that and nothing happened,  now they sent me another pre-contract saying I have agreed to a new package at a very high price when I absolutely did not, I am going to leave Virgin at this point, cannot trust them

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sparky2891 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. Can I ask when you applied for this package to be added? 

Have you had a Volt deal in the past or was this the first Volt deal?