cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected early

Jr6399
Tuning in

Arranged with Virgin to be disconnected on 2nd April, woken up today to broadband and tv having been turned off, technical support no help, said I was told the wrong information when cancelling and there was no way it would be turned back on as it was an automatic thing and the advisor didn’t amend the dates when I cancelled my account. 

24 hours to be contacted back and an additional 24-48 for it to be turned back on

Virgin don’t care that internet needed for home working and said it’s my problem that there would be loss of earnings.

How is this acceptable that they are at fault yet I have to suffer? 

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jr6399 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the disconnection dispute. 

Whilst we do accept a reasonable amount of home workings, it should be primarily used for residential only purposes.

I'll send you a PM now to see if we can do anything.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Jr6399
Tuning in

All sorted by John! Amazing customer service and problem was resolved in a matter of minutes! 10/10 

Were you reconnected?

Yes, I raised a complaint on the phone which was not actioned and wouldn’t be for 24-48hrs 

John above private messaged me and sorted the matter in under an hour and got me Reconnected 

@Jr6399 wrote:

John above private messaged me and sorted the matter in under an hour and got me Reconnected 

I'm impressed, credit where its due 👍

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jr6399 thanks for the feedback regarding John.

We'll get that passed on to his manager.

Regards

Lee_R