cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for help - countless interactions with CS and still no closer to resolution!

DR92
Joining in

Not really sure where to begin with this, going to copy and paste my complaint made from 1st April (that there seems to be no evidence of in my account, glad I backed it up myself).

On 16/02/24 I contacted the support team via WhatsApp to set up a new deal, as my current one was due to expire in April. I was offered a deal for £89.49 that would give me Sky Sports and Cinema, Sky Sports HD and TNT Sports as well as other options. I accepted this deal and was due to start immediately. (I have the offer in my emails).

When this was emailed to me, it said my new monthly charge would be £125.99, rather than the £89.49 I'd agreed earlier. I was then told my internet speed would be boosted to V500 to, with the price coming to £92.99, but the operator offered to price match, making the price £89.49 by applying manually credit. However, the operator realised they could not apply the manual credit so had to transfer me to the retentions team. The operator on the retentions team could only get the package to £100.74, then said they'd apply £11.25 monthly credit to honour the £89.49p/m price. This operator then had an issue processing it, so had to file a report and told me to allow 3-7 working days and I would be emailed a resolution. Unsurprisingly at this point, I never received an email.

I waited until 04/03/24 to contact again, allowing sufficient time for me to receive a reply. By then I'd received my next bill, amounting to £148.65, with no explanation as to where this total came from. The operator told me that to resolve this, they'd apply £35.50 rolling credit to my account, once again to meet the £89.49 I was initially offered, as well as a one time £63.10 credit on my £148.65 bill. I asked for email confirmation of this for peace of mind, but once again, no email was received, leaving me very sceptical at this point. This should have left my April bill at £26.39, confirmed by the operator.

I then contacted the support team once again yesterday, with my bill coming through as £125.99 - meaning there was once again no resolution on my issue. I sent screenshot evidence from previous conversations to the initial operator, and due to the amount of credit needed to be applied to my account, I had to be transferred to the retentions team yet again.

Instead of helping me out with the query I was connected for, the operator decided to try and sell me another package, which was not what I requested at all and got a load of automated nonsense in an attempt to find me a 'better deal' than the one I'm continuously being overcharged for. At this point, I really wasn't happy with the lack of effort into making a genuine resolution to my query.

I was then treated like I know absolutely nothing, with a basic description as to why I've been charged £125.99, as if I didn't understand it, with the operator seemingly oblivious to the fact I've been overcharged around £100 in 2 months. I was then sent a low resolution screenshot of the Mega Volt bundle for £120.99p/m which was genuinely insulting.

They finally understood there was an issue with credit being applied to my account, but told me it couldn't be backdated, meaning I'm £100 out of pocket due to a mistake by one of your employees that I just have to bend over and accept? That amount of money is not small change to anybody. The operator then told me it has to be run past a supervisor, which meant I had to wait for another email. As I'm sure you'll understand, I'm not confident of receiving such email so have now been forced to complain.

I think the way I've been treated by a business I've spent thousands of pounds with is pretty disgraceful. I work in retail and know what it's like at the receiving end of complaints so I don't do it very often, but feel I have no choice here as I've been offered a service for a set price several times and keep getting passed from pillar to post in an attempt to fix it, then time and time again being let down.

I expect a swift resolution to my issue being sorted, I also feel that the price of the package should be taken down even further due to the amount I've had to contact and the way I've been treated as it's genuinely unacceptable.

I also expect any overcharges to be paid back into my account at I can't keep overpaying every month. A similar situation happened last time I upgraded and as it stands I can't go through it again in another 18 months as it's not worth the stress and financial issues that have come from it.

Since this complaint I've contacted VM on Whatsapp again, to be told yet again they've applied rolling credit to my account. I got my bill at the end of last week... guess what? Still no rolling credit. Tried contacting via the website chat instead today and got transferred to the customer relations team just for the 'advisor' on the other side to cut off the conversation! 

I'm now over £130 out of pocket in 3 months and no closer to a resolution and genuinely no idea where to go from here as nobody from VM's side seems to be able to help. It's put me off ever renewing again.

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DR92 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your package and that you have not yet heard from your complaint. I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message so we can best take a look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.