cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut off 1 month early - been told will not reconnect.

j0sh112
Just joined

I contact Virgin Media 17th April to let them know of a planned house move on 25th May and we want to move internet to the new property on this date.

April 24th comes round and at midnight, my internet goes down and I receive a cut off notice email from Virgin Media.

Call 08:00 24th - get told should be reconnected in 48 hours max.

Call 08:30 26th - no internet - told that the reconnect form was rejected and it has been resubmitted while on the phone. Told I should receive a call back within an hour from a manager.

Call 09:30 - no internet - told to wait on hold for a manager. Waited for _1hour_ for someone to pick up the phone and disconnect immediately. Call back to be told there is no way they can reconnect me. Still no phone call from Manager/Supervisor.

2d 14h 51m later, still no internet. Absolutely not acceptable.

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @j0sh112 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the re-connection.
A reconnection can only take place with account services that include landline.

If there are other services but no landline - then the reconnection cannot take place sorry. 🧾

Is there a landline which is part of your service? Without one we cannot do a reconnection unfortunately.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @j0sh112 👋🏼

Apologies for before - it seems as if some incorrect information was given and it turns out we can do reconnections for accounts that don't necessarily have a landline,
Although each account and each service is different and the scenarios differ, we still need to address this and take this offline to give support and see what we can do.

I will send a private message to further assist - apologies for the error on my behalf.

Kind regards,
Ilyas. 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs