cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit record incorrectly placed

nicky2023
Joining in

Hi,

I received a notification that virgin has placed a missed payment record on my file, which is incorrect. I have DD and I've never cancelled it, the last payment collected was on 09/11. I work in a sensitive area where we get random credit checks and this could potentially end my work contract if something like this shows up on my next check. 

I phoned in this morning and the person I spoke to told me they can't do anything as there's no information about missed payment on my account. I tried to explain to her that the information to the credit agency must have come from virgin as there's no other way for them to know and she kept insisting I need to go speak to Experian. She insisted that virgin has no team to deal with this type of query. Then I asked her if she can transfer me to their billing or collections department as she said she was only customer service (I picked the options to go through billing department). She further insisted that they'll be unable to help as they didn't make the error. I admit I lost it at that point because it just sounded like she's picked a position and no explanation was going in. 

My sister recently had a similar issue with her o2 account from virgin and it took 2 months. Unfortunately, given my line of work, I cannot afford to wait that long as I can't influence when the checks are run on me at work. Does anyone how to solve this problem quickly please?

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there nicky2023, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

From checking at our end I can see you've been in touch the team about this already, did they manage to help at all?

Also if this was a mistake / was paid off for example the team do update the credit agency this can take 21 working days and there is no way to speed this up sorry. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?