cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended but Virgin will not tell us leave.

jhmiller
On our wavelength

We decided to leave Virgin when contract ended as Virgin would not scrap our package and let us just have broadband. We have TV, phone and broadband but do not use the TV or phone side of things at all.

We phoned Virgin to tell them that we will not be renewing the contract and to end it when it finishes on the 4 of May 2024. We did ask to end now (thinking contract was already ended) but was told we would have to pay for an early end of contract. So just said we will leave when contract ends.

I had a web chat with them a week before this date to make sure they will not auto renew and was told I have to give 30 days notice. I explained that I had already gave notice and that. I had to leave for work but I did say at least 10 times during the chat that we want to  leave when the contract ends.

Today (07/05/2024) we are still connected and they have charged us an amount that is not in the contract we had with them so I can only presume the they are ignoring my request to leave. 

What can I do now?

Thanks guys (and gals)

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As far as I can make out you are still well within your 30 day notice period so a new charge in the mean time would make sense. I'm sure the VM forum team can confirm the situation for you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jhmiller,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your contract, I would like to go about looking into this further with you to see what we can do about sorting this out for you, for me to do so I will be sending you a quick private message.

Joe

jhmiller
On our wavelength

Hi Joe,

I have replied to your PM

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jhmiller,

Glad we could have that private message to discuss your account and go over everything, if there is anything further we can do to help, please do let us know.

Joe