cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling and adding package

gingebelfast
Joining in

Hi,

So basically my wife and I are moving to live with my elderly parents. We have virign media (wifi and large tv package) in our current home. Whilst my parents have virgin media (wifi and small tv package).

So basically, do we know how difficult/challenging/easy it is to;

1) cancel virgin media at my home by our leaving date (end of May)? Our contract ends October/November so will have to pay a cancellation fee.

2) Get a bigger wifi and TV package to my parents house.

3) get the billing changed from my parents name and bank account to my name.

4) Get anither virign media box for another room.

Does the above sound easy and doable? Or is this something that will be lengthy and awkward process?

Ginge

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gingebelfast 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

1. If you would like to discuss cancelling your contract, please use one of the following contact methods:
Call: 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone
WhatsApp: +44 7305 327 112
Write: Please use the address in our Terms & Conditions: https://virg.in/legals

If this is whilst a contact is still in place. then you will be liable for any Early Disconnection fees.

2. If your parents are looking to upgrade their existing packaging, then the account holder can get in touch by calling the number provided above and the team will be more than happy to review their package and go through any other suitable offers.

3. You can find out more on how to update the direct debit details 👉 here but the billing will still be in the name of the account holder.

4. Please clarify which box and we will be happy to advise further 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're right that the services are tied to an address, so you're looking at an early disconnection and then make any amendments to your elderly parents' package.

A change of name on the account amounts to a "transfer of responsibilities" which is only generally permitted in cases of bereavement, so the account will likely remain in your parents' name. I don't see any issue with adding/removing combinations of services, just bear in mind that doing so will trigger a re-contract into a new 18month minimum term. Anything you want to remove may complicate as technically that's potentially a breach of contract on your part.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks