cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled told price of final bill. Not what they said

gossip25
Tuning in

I cancelled my virgin 1st June with services ending July 1st was told my final bill would be £22 which is half of the normal bill.  I checked the account and it is £54  which seems to be the full amount plus the price hike from may which I was also told wouldn’t happen.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whoever told you what your final bill would be, has misadvised you. For as long as you remain a VM customer and until your services are cancelled, billing continues as normal. If your services are due to be disconnected on July 1st, then your final bill won't be produced until sometime in July.

After you are disconnected, you then receive a final bill with any credits or debits applied.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gossip25, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the misconception regarding the bill. 😞
I've had a look and I can see what the agent was eluding to.

Please bear in mind when cancelling, the system doesn't take in to consideration a cancellation when it comes to the billing cycle, the billing cycle continues as usual and then once a customer leaves, the final bill is what takes into consideration for any credits and adjustments.

If you pay for a full months service and cancel half way through, you will be reimbursed.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs