cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation - moving house

Tomas41
Joining in

Was moving house and virgin was not providing in the new area. Virgin Media’s website said that if I provide proof of the new address I will be credited the last bill which included the cancellation fee.

I’ve done this via live chat, gave my forwarding address and waited for further instructions, but did not get any apart from how to send the equipment.

Phone their complaints number (this is not an easy task as virgin’s website redirects to various FAQs) but the person on the phone said because there is no record of me doing this via phone he cannot help/he needs proof i.e. screenshots of the live chat and said I need to contact live chat team and ask them.

Obviously now because I’ve disconnected I have limited options on VM website, meaning I can’t access the live chat.

Basically I’ve moved, have no internet as the cannot provide in the area, charged the full amount and saying they cannot help.

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Tomas41,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue, can you confirm it is our Movers team you spoke to? They would be the ones who can confirm this and get this sorted out via your account to provide any credit for early disconnection fees?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I’ve done this via live chat/Virgin media website. I chose the option moving to new address and then it took me through the whole process.

Hi @Tomas41 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill