cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change package

NoFan
Joining in

Customer service is woeful at Virgin. 
Contract due to end in a month. No one at virgin is available to discuss a new contract unless it’s an upgraded contract. I want to reduce my package so they shuffle me to a different team each time I contact whether it’s by phone or their chat service. They’ll cold call me an offer a more expensive package but not discuss downgrading. Left twice for a WhatsApp chat to timeout at 9pm with virgin’s retention team. I just want to leave now, it’s likely the way to get the service I want.  Pretty sure only way out is to cancel debit a month before contract ends. It’s hardly my problem if they can’t discuss service. 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Package changes can't be dealt with via the forum, and you do need to call in to do that - just use the "thinking of leaving us" options, the chat-based methods aren't real-time and calling can sometimes be (ultimately) quicker.

If you decide on outright cancellation, you also have the option of writing in as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

Cancelling your direct debit won't cancel your contract, but is very likely to cause issues with your credit file. There are numerous examples on this forum of that not ending well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks