cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Netflix App on V6

rshales007
Joining in

Is anyone able to advise how I block the Netflix app on my V6 box?

When I go to Parental Controls > Lock Apps & Games I only see 3 Apps listed:- Pluto TV, YouTube & YouTube Kids

I don't see an option to add any other apps.

I need to do this as someone in my household signed up to Netflix without my knowledge. I didn't even get an email from VM to let me know. Despite me cancelling it in my VM account and in Netflix and receiving an email from VM stating that Virgin has been removed from the Netflix account as a payment method, I still get billed the next month. From within Netflix I don't have the option to manually remove Virgin as a payment method without adding another payment method, which I don't want to do.

Not sure if this helps:-

Platform : DCX960

Hardware version : 2048.0

Software version : 20.12.1.RC12-VMB-11-C68

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rshales007 wrote:

Is anyone able to advise how I block the Netflix app on my V6 box?

When I go to Parental Controls > Lock Apps & Games

Both my boxes are in use at the moment, but you've described where I would suggest looking so it's a good bet you can't.

On that basis, I've moved your post to the account section of the forum so the staff can pick the payments side up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rshales007 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you've signed up you should be billed the one month, I don't think that can even be stopped but if cancelled then shouldn't generate any further bills.

I'll send you a PM now so we can discuss.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill