cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing mess after Direct Debit change

gtunney
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone from Virgin on here can confirm my thinking as I'm getting absolutely no where with customer services on the phone. I changed my direct debit date about 2 weeks ago to the 1st of the month. I understand doing this would cause one bill to be higher / lower but I think the way virgin is billing me is wrong.

I have been effectively billed twice for the same period 1st May - 18th May.

Bill 1 - £48.96 for 19th April - 18th May - Came out via Direct Debit today.
Bill 2 - £68.54 for 1st May - 31st May

Now I understand the credit for £29.38 is because I've paid for 1st May to 18th may on Bill 1. How ever there should not be any "Owed from last bill" on Bill 2 because this has been taken. So bill 2 should be £48.96 minus the £29.38 credit which should be £19.58.

Virgin customer services have advised my direct debit on the 1st May will be for £19.58 but surely as a customer I should be seeing a updated bill / invoice for the correct amount on my account?

Bill 1

gtunney_1-1713511913635.png

Bill 2

gtunney_2-1713511927977.png

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gtunney thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your billing.  As you're aware, we cannot send and adjusted bill for the same month.  So we can offer some clarification, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I'm going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R