cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted overdue

Katie73
Joining in

On the app it’s saying my account is restricted and bill is overdue 

I’ve rung and spoken to customer service who have said I don’t owe anything I’m up to-date don’t worry. He also told me it may take some to update and to wait a few days. I am not happy about this as it could affect my credit rating 

my bill is paid via direct debit on time every month 

I’m due to leave virgin media on 28th of this month due to where I’m moving not having virgin media services

2 REPLIES 2

unisoft
Well-informed

Are you leaving? If so, ignore it as its an App bug. I have never had this until I gave notice to leave. @David_Bn, VM staff in these forums sent internally to their IT but never got fixed by notice ending.

Have a look in My Virgin Media in a web browser. If it doesn't say "RESTRICTED" there and its up to date then that's the gold standard to go by. This is what I did and my credit record was fine. I even checked payments by DD in my account and all were accounted for. The last email for billing also says words like "Last months payment not received". Again, looking online its correct because that month's DD would not have been taken for another 1.5 weeks and the bill there was correct a few days later as they didnt take the months ahead charges by DD (and then have to refund later) and just credited it to the account.

The billing cycle continues until day of disconnection. If a new bill for month ahead is produced just ahead of disconnection, its likely they won't take the DD and show as a credit after disconnection on the account plus a credit for any unused days you had already paid for if your disconnection date was before the paid up till date.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Katie73, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting this, did the team help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?