cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

davspan100
Joining in

I have been without my landline for two weeks now. I contacted virgin on chat, they said it was because i needed to change to fibre through my hub.. received adapter, plugged in, still nothing. Now what ?

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi davspan100 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Landline. I've had a look on our side, and can see an issue. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can assist further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

davspan100
Joining in

So now you can see a problem after 2 weeks of denying it

First question... do I need to return my phone plug to the landline phone socket or the hub ?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi davspan100 👋

I've responded to your private message in regard to the next steps on this issue. For now, please leave your setup as it is. As the move to Fibre Phone is non-reversible, the wall socket will remain inactive.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

davspan100
Joining in

Now going well into a third week without a landline that I'm paying for. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Hi @davspan100 

I'm so sorry to see this issue is Reece via the PM and he will be more than happy to continue looking into this with you.

Hope so Its getting very frustrating !!