cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change Landline Number - VM please contact me

marting22
Joining in

We want to change our landline number. I understand that one way is to post here and VM contact from this

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @marting22 

Welcome to the community forums. 
Thanks for getting in touch regarding your landline number change request. 

Are you looking to change to a specific number or are you just looking to change it to another random available number? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

marting22
Joining in

Hi - thanks for prompt reply. Just to change it from what it is now- after 30 years of the same home number - its time to move on and leave some contacts behind. All our important contacts will be given new number.

A new random number would be fine as long as it does not come with baggage so to speak - that is to say recently used by someone in debt or up to no good.

How does this work pls

When a number is sent back to the 'pool' and becomes available again, it's been sometime since it has been used by someone else, if at all. 

We can complete the request at our side, but we aren't able to guarantee anything about the number. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@marting22 wrote:

A new random number would be fine as long as it does not come with baggage so to speak - that is to say recently used by someone in debt or up to no good.

How does this work pls

New landline numbers do not exist. VM & all other providers have a limited amount of numbers allocated by OFCOM per exchange, & these have to be recycled as customers give them up. Depending on demand, the “dwell” period in the recycle pool can vary from 1 year to as little as 3 months. There is no guarantee that you won’t get an ex-business number or the number of someone who moved on with outstanding debts.  Details of previous users are not retained with numbers as this would contravene data protection rules. There is also no avoiding scam calls, which use bulk dialling methods.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks