cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my landline number after 2 months

si1979
Joining in

Can anyone help me with this please?

About 2 months ago i signed up with virgin and had my internet and phone installed a few days later, the engineer sorted everything, and my landline was active on my old number straight away, about 3 weeks ago my number suddenly changed to a different number!

After 4 ridiculous phone calls they managed to get my number back, but alas it never lasted long and on Thursday last week it has changed to a totally different number again.

This wouldn't be too bad, but I use this number for my business and will potentially lose a lot of money if I lose this number.

Since Thursday I have made 9 further lengthy phone calls of around 30-60 minutes each and every single person comes with a different lie when investigating it, on Friday afternoon I was 'promised without doubt' this would be back within 48 hours, now after speaking with them again i have been told my number has never been active with them and it will only activate in 5 days despite the fact it worked for over a month!

The whole thing is just ridiculous, can anyone help?

if this can't be fixed, I'll have no option but to cancel my contract and phone around to change this to someone else, I'll guarantee the department that chases me for money isn't so dysfunctional.

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @si1979 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your landline number. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to do our best to help. To best look into this for you, I am sending a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs