cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working - no dial tone

EveD
Tuning in

Hi.

I have no dial tone on landline and unable to make outgoing calls.

Fault checker saying no known issues.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Eve

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Eve, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline. Taking a look at things this end, it looks as though your broadband may be offline too. As your phoneline is provided via your hub, the line has gone down. 

This may well be due to a fault in the area that has just developed but could also be something related to your cable. To be on the safe side, I'd like to book an engineer visit in for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

If it does turn out to be an area fault, the visit will be cancelled automatically and you'll receive a text to let you let. The teams will then work to fix the issues remotely. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EveD

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

EveD
Tuning in

Hi Kath,

I can't get into my account. I have used the correct email and password.

I tried to reset my password, but my email address is not being recognised.

I don't know what t o do now. Very, very fed up...

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Eve

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 21.07.21.png

Screenshots with personal info hidden.
Thanks,
Eve

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 21.18.38.png

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 21.07.21.png

Thanks for coming back to us EveD, I will drop you a private message to confirm your appointment date and time. We can also look into your online account issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Great stuff Eve, glad that you could get in and you've got your appointment confirmation text. 

Please let us know how the visit goes, if you get the chance. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

So the engineer came and said that the phone cable is no longer working and would need replacing. That it would be booked in and that there was no need for me to be at home at the time.

At an impressively early hour, a Virgin Media van came and the engineers did something, not sure what. But when I left the house I could see that they moved stuff away from the wall where the original cable is. 

I cam back this afternoon and a new cable has been added, but on the other side, so it crosses the front door and all along the front of the house. And it’s a mess.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t install it the way the original cable was installed. 

This is the original cable:
IMG_4871.jpegIMG_4870.jpegIMG_4869.jpegIMG_4865.jpeg

And this is the new cable, installed along the opposite wall and now crossing the whole front of the house:
IMG_4862.jpegIMG_4864.jpegIMG_4865.jpegIMG_4863.jpeg

Can this be remedied please?

Thanks,
Eve

Hi Eve,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to see the new cable which was installed has been left exposed and is very untidy, so we can look into this further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.