cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up Virgin Phone

carobee
Joining in

Hi I've just moved from a basic Virgin Broadband + streaming to add a Landline and I have received my start-up pack, but it doesn't match the online set up instructions!

There is just one long white cable with no black or red labels as referred to in the instructions, also there's no power cable as referred to. There's a short connecting jack (I think to the existing landline socket) but nothing else in the pack.

I am a tecchie dummy and have absolutely no idea what any of this means, but I have seen on the forum that I can request an engineer visit? Does anyone have any suggestions, in terminology that I can understand?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey carobee, thank you for reaching out and a very warm welcome, I am sorry to hear this.

We can of course get a tech out to come and set everything up for you.

Let me send you a DM and can get this sorted out for you. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that all new landline customers are connected in the new fashion.

Plug the cable you have into the Telephone port on your broadband Hub then put the other end into you landline phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks