cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Adaptor

DB14
Joining in

Hello, I’ve received my adaptor to connect to the hub and the other end of my phone. My issue is the hub is upstairs and phone line is in the hallway, the adaptor is tiny.

The main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I’ve 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One in the living room for the TV, one into the home office for broadband one into the hallway for the landline. I’ve tried contacting Virgin Media for assistance to no avail and tried to log a complaint…no Agents  available to discuss with me, the phone options don’t seem to cover fibre landline issues.

Can anyone help me or advise me how to set this up please?

Thank you DB14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DB14 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your landline and thank you to goslow for their help so far.

I'd be happy to arrange an appointment to rework the wiring for the phone, I'll pop you a Private Message so we can arrange. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DB14 wrote:

Hello, I’ve received my adaptor to connect to the hub and the other end of my phone. My issue is the hub is upstairs and phone line is in the hallway, the adaptor is tiny. <snip>

Can anyone help me or advise me how to set this up please?

Thank you DB14

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DB14 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your landline and thank you to goslow for their help so far.

I'd be happy to arrange an appointment to rework the wiring for the phone, I'll pop you a Private Message so we can arrange. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

christijoe
Joining in

I have this same issue as well. I was surprised on the day of my switchover to find for the first time that I should contact Virgin if my hub was not near my phone--I think that could have been asked earlier in the process.  If it had, I could have made arrangements instead of having to do this after my phone service is no longer working.  Need Virgin Media to fix the internal cabling as well please.

Hey christiejoe, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I am going to send you a PM now so we can get this fixed for you.

Please look out for my inbox.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Perfect thank you for letting me know.

Please do keep us updated on how the visit goes and I hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

I have received my fibre phone adaptor and it was broken. A couple of questions; How do I order another one? It is about 1m short, do you provide longer cables? and finally, if neither of the first two options are available, how do I request a VM engineer to move the phone socket nearer the hub?

Thank you

Virgin Media Fibre Phone