cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed 21CV Migration, failed number port, what do I do?

raymonddaley
Tuning in

I can't post in the switchover forum for some reason so I'm posting here. It's worth pointing out, I don't have a mobile phone, just a landline and PC.

In early April Retentions cold-called us. She spoke to my brother who confirmed he couldn't discuss the account so they called back a few days later. I spoke to them the 2nd time, they wanted to do security which I wasn't willing to do, mostly because I didn't believe it WAS VM. The woman said I needed a new hub for the switchover. She didn't explain why I needed a new hub. I told her my current hub worked fine, I didn't want a new one and I would call them back when I wanted to get the adapter. I'd already had an email saying we'd be able to dial 150 and make 999 calls in the meantime.

HOWEVER.

Fast forward to 23rd April, my brother messages me on Facebook saying he tried to phone & it didn't work. I check our phone, it's dead. No dial tone. I try to ring out, nothing. I eventually get in touch with VM thru Twitter and we arrange a tech for no dial tone. Tech comes out 27th April, fits a new Hub. Rings faults to get the migration done. He's on the phone for over an hour, can't get it done for 2 days, asks me to call on Saturday.

I have to go to my brothers house to use his phone to call them on 29th April.Spoke to faults - no new package setup, we cant do that, transfer to retentions who also wouldnt or couldnt do the package and then they tried to transfer me to a tech. And cut me off.

After another 20+ mins someone tells me there's been no migration done, he'll do it there and then. The phone gets reconnected a few days later. I think everything is fine.

When I reported it, the guy said "10-12 days, you'll get an email that it's been done." No such email received.

On 7th May my brother tries to ring me again, says the line is still dead. I check, it's live. In the end, I call him. We discover VM haven't done a migration, they've just added a phone package. Ever since then last month I've been calling to either get the migration done correctly or have our original number ported.

Asked VM do the port then give me a call back. No call back happened. I'm told today the port was cancelled by the automatic system and that they can't give me my old number back. I rang BT, who told me the number HAS NOT reverted back to them.

We've had that phone number 40+ years. I want and need it back. I've got an inlaw in hospital dying of kidney failure and that's the only way my sister can get hold of us.

I'm supposedly getting a supervisor call back from faults today before 10pm but I highly doubt that will either happen or resolve the issue. Is there any way this port/failed migration can be done manually?

I now have a laundry list of failed faults, promises not kept and outright lies told to me. I'd also like to log an official complaint towards compensation.

Can anyone ACTUALLY help me resolve my issue of getting my phone number back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi raymonddaley,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the situation, so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi raymonddaley,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the situation, so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Hey Alex,

I wanted to wait to make sure but it appears you fixed it! If it's possible, can I get in touch with you again through one of my DM's to ask about a package they removed which I don't recall ever asking to be added and getting my compensation for all the various issues regarding this problem?

Hi @raymonddaley thanks for getting back to us.

Thanks for confirming that the telephone issue has not been resolved.  That is good news.  I would like to help you resolve the other issues you've raised. I am going to send you a direct message. Please do keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R