cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 connection issues

Tezcatcatl
Joining in

Hi, looking for some help with ps5 connection problems.  Have rebooted router, rebuilt database, done everything on playstation side.  This is the BQM from today.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/300d2f94fb2d0fd9066426f19ca7effd84...

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tezcatcatl,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 
I am sorry you are having issues with your service, is it just the PS5 you are having issues with y?
I have checked our systems and can see a device is too close to your hub, is your PS5 connected via a wired or wireless connection?

Zoie

No, not just the PS5, even open Web pages is slow despite the connection speed.  The console is wired.

Thanks for coming back to us @Tezcatcatl, can you confirm what type of Ethernet cable is used for the PS5?

Do you have any devices close to the hub that are connected via Wi-Fi, but could be placed on a wired connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, everything that is connected via ethernet is connected via Cat 6 cables. 4 devices connected via cable.

Anankha
Problem sorter

Please try turning off the Hub’s firewall & check again. I’ve discovered there’s a problem with connecting PS systems to RE.net with this turned on.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia